Crispy Brussels Sprout and Mozzarella Skewers with Savory Wild Blueberry Dipping Sauce
Recipe by Jenny Shea Rawn of My Cape Cod Kitchen
Serves 8 to 10
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided into 2 and 1 Tablespoons
½ red onion, diced
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
5 cups of Brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed
8 oz mini mozzarella balls
Garlic salt / pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan.
- Add diced onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add frozen Wild Blueberries, rosemary, balsamic vinegar, mustard and honey.
- Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, rub Brussels sprouts with remaining tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until sprouts are lightly browned and crispy, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from oven.
- Add blueberry mixture to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and place in a dipping bowl.
- When sprouts are cool enough to handle, place one sprout on a skewer, followed by a mozzarella ball then another sprout.
- Repeat until all sprouts are skewered. Serve sprouts with wild blueberry dipping sauce.
Wild Blue is Good for You!