Frozen Wild Blueberry Pudding
Makes 4 Servings (a generous 1/3 cup each)
Frozen fruits—wild blueberries, mango, and banana—are the nutritional super stars in this healthy, delicious, and kid-friendly treat. It takes just minutes to prepare, and moms can feel good about serving this frozen fruit pudding as an after-school snack or family dessert. For a snowy twist, sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
Recipe by Liz Weiss of mealmakeovermoms.com
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ ripe banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons purple grape juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Shredded unsweetened coconut, optional
- Take the wild blueberries, mango, and banana out of the freezer and thaw for about 15 minutes. (This will allow the ingredients to puree more easily.)
- Place the wild blueberries, mango, banana, cottage cheese, grape juice, honey, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor and process for about 1 minute. Turn off the processor, remove the lid, and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber scraper; smash the fruit around a bit until it is evenly distributed around the processor bowl.
- Continue to process until the ingredients are very well combined. Stop and start a few times and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. The fruit mixture should look like pudding once combined.
- Scoop and serve in individual bowls and top with a sprinkle of shredded coconut as desired. (Best if consumed right away.)
Wild Blue is Good for You!