Melon, Ricotta, and Pistachio Bruschetta with Wild Blueberry Chutney
Yield: 16 pieces
2 cups Ricotta cheese, drained overnight
1 Lemon, juice and zest
1 tsp Fresh thyme, minced
1/4 cup Honey
1 tsp Fresh cracked black pepper
16″ French baguette, cut 1” bias
1/4 cup Olive oil
1/2 cup Pistachios, toasted, chopped
2 tsp Flakey sea salt
For the chutney:
1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Brown sugar
1/2 tsp Dried ground ginger
4 Whole cloves
5 Black peppercorns
1/2 tsp Alleppo chili or Cayenne
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
1/2 cup Dried Wild Blueberries
- Peel the melon, cut in half, scoop out the seeds. Using a mandolin, shave the melon 1/16th inch thick. Combine cantaloupe with lemon juice and thyme. Set aside.
- Combine ricotta with lemon zest and honey. Set aside.
- For the chutney: In a non-reactive, medium saucepan, bring vinegar, sugar, ginger, cloves, peppercorns, cayenne and 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat until a light syrup forms, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add frozen Wild Blueberries and cook covered, over low heat until the fruit softens and burst open, about 20-25 minutes. 1/4 cup of water if it gets too thick. Add dried Wild Blueberries and cook for 10 minutes more until the dried blueberries are softened. Remove from heat, allow to cool completely.
- Heat a grill on high and coat each bread slice with some of the olive oil. Grill on both sides until slightly charred but still soft in the middle.
- Top each slice of bread with two slices of melon, folded decoratively, then top with 2 Tbsp of ricotta, then 1 Tbsp of the Wild Blueberry chutney.
- Sprinkle with pistachios, sea salt, and fresh cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
Wild Blue is Good for You!