Tie-Dye Overnight Oats
Recipe by Frances Largeman-Roth, RDN
Yields 4 servings
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, divided
11/2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
1⁄4 cup chia seeds
pinch of salt
2 cups milk, or non-dairy alternative
1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, divided
1 (3.5-ounce) packet frozen dragon fruit puree, thawed
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 325°F. Spread ¼ cup of the coconut out on a lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, until golden. Let cool.
- Place the oats, chia seeds, salt and remaining coconut in a bowl. Mix well and transfer ½ cup to each of 4 Mason jars or other lidded containers.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk the milk together with 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup. Pour ½ cup of the milk over the oats in each jar.
- Spoon a little more than 1 tablespoon of the dragonfruit puree over the oats in each of the 4 jars. Top with ¼ cup of frozen wild blueberries and a tablespoon of the toasted coconut. Drizzle each jar with ½ teaspoon of the remaining maple syrup.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir and enjoy!
Wild Blue is Good for You!