Toasted Oat Parfait with Caramelized Wild Blueberries
Recipe by Danielle Omar MS, RDN of Food Confidence.
1 cup yogurt (any flavor)
1 raw oats (I used steel cut quick cooking oats)
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1Tbsp coconut oil or butter
1/3 cup honey
½ Tbsp coconut oil or butter
½ cup Frozen Wild Blueberries
- Toast oats in a skillet on medium low heat until they start to get brown and fragrant.
- Add coconut oil or butter and brown sugar, stir well to combine. Once browned, turn off heat and set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat honey until it starts to simmer and thicken.
- Add coconut oil or butter and stir well. After 5-6 minutes of simmering, add frozen Wild Blueberries.
- Stir well and allow honey to caramelize the Wild Blueberries, about 1-2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the Wild Blueberries from the honey and set aside.
- Allow honey to cool while you prepare the parfait.
- In each glass layer the oats, the yogurt and the Wild Blueberries.
- Top with caramelized honey and serve.
Wild Blue is Good for You!