Turkey Haunch with Blueberry-Onion-Sauce
1 turkey haunch
2 tbs. oil
2 tbs. fresh thyme leaves (alternatively dried thyme)
Grated peel of 1 organic orange
Pepper from pepper grinder
500 g small potatoes
1 jar (400 ml) poultry stock
For the Sauce:
1 tbsp. oil
300 g wild blueberries from Canada (frozen)
2-3 tbs. light sauce thickener
Salt, cayenne pepper
1-2 tbs. agave syrup
- Browse turkey haunch and blot dry. Mix oil with thyme, grated orange peel and a little pepper and slather meat. Give all in a freezer bag and close the bag. Let meat marinate in a fridge overnight.
- Skin potatoes and wash them. Season turkey haunch with salt and put in a roasting dish. Cook in oven at 180 degrees (Gas: level 2-3, air-jet oven: 160 degrees) for approximately 75-90 minutes. After approximately 30 minutes add potatoes to the roasting dish and pour in the poultry stock. Sprinkle meat and potatoes with poultry stock.
- For the sauce peel onions and cut them into little dices. Heat up oil in a pot. Brown onions in there. Add frozen blueberries and heat up.
- Take meat and potatoes out of the oven and keep warm. Give meat stock to the blueberries and allow the sauce to reduce. Thicken with sauce thickener. Season to taste with salt, cayenne pepper and agave syrup.
- Cut open the turkey haunch and serve together with potatoes and blueberry-onion-sauce. Garnish with thyme leaves as desired.
Energy: 425 kcal / 1776 kJ
Protein: 48.4 g
Fat: 13.7 g
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Wild Blue is Good for You!