Wild Blueberry and Goat Cheese Hand Pies
Courtesy of: Danielle Omar
Makes 6 Pies
2 cups Wild Blueberries, thawed
2 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp grated ginger
6 oz log goat cheese, softened
zest from half a lemon
1 roll refrigerated pie crust
White sparkling sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In small sauce pan on medium high heat, warm blueberries, honey, ginger and lemon zest for 2-3 minutes.
- Place softened goat cheese in small mixing bowl.
- Strain blueberries, saving blueberry juice.
- Gently stir blueberries into goat cheese.
- Place reserved blueberry juice back into sauce pan and heat on med-high heat until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Once thickened, add juice to goat cheese mixture.
- Roll out pie crust with rolling pin. Using a cookie cutter, cut out 12 sections. Place 1 tablespoon of goat cheese filling onto 6 of the sections. Place remaining sections on top of filling and use fork to fasten the top layer to the bottom.
- Using a pastry brush, brush mini pies with cold milk. Shake on sugar sprinkles.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Wild Blue is Good for You!