Wild Blueberry French Toast Bake
Recipe by Karman Meyer of The Nutrition Adventure
Yields 12 servings
1-10″ bakery loaf whole wheat bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (should be about 7 1/2-8 cups of bread cubes)
6 large eggs
2 cups coconut milk (or milk of choice)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 cups frozen Wild Blueberries
- Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread bread cubes into baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and ground ginger until combined.
- Mix the frozen Wild Blueberries into the egg mixture, then evenly pour the mixture over the bread cubes.
- Gently press the bread cubes into the liquid using the back of a spoon. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 7-8 hours to absorb liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and remove baking dish from refrigerator.
- Bake on middle oven rack for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Wild Blue is Good for You!