Wild Blueberry Mole Sauce
Recipe by Denise Barratt of Vine Ripe Nutrition
16 servings of 2 tablespoon each
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 cups frozen Wild Blueberries
1/2 ounce semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup chopped purple onion
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1 tortilla chopped into small squares
a few sprinkles of water, if necessary
salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, add olive oil and chopped onion.
- Cook over medium heat until onion starts to brown, add tortilla and garlic.
- Add cayenne and chili powder along with blueberries.
- Allow blueberries to start to bubble slightly.
- Take off heat and add chocolate.
- In a food processor, add the blueberry mixture using a spatula so as many ingredients as possible get in there.
- Add pumpkin seeds and process until all the ingredients are formed into a thin paste.
- Add a little water to get the perfect consistency if necessary and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over meat such as chicken, turkey or even red meat or use in vegetarian dishes such as the Wild Blueberry Veggie Bowl.
Wild Blue is Good for You!