Wild Side Blueberry Banana Smoothie “Your Way”
¾ cup frozen Wild Blueberries or organic blueberries
½ frozen banana (cut in chunks and frozen prior to use)
½-¾ cup water (depending on desired consistency) OR use milk or your favorite milk substitute
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder such as Raw Garden for Life (about 22 grams protein) or 2 tablespoons almond butter or omit and eat 2 hardboiled eggs or 2-3 ounces of meat with the smoothie
½ cup packed greens such as spinach, kale or Swiss chard
1 tablespoon organic chia seeds or ¼ of an avocado
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 drops stevia
1 tablespoon pastured beef collagen
- In order listed add all ingredients, except for the collagen powder, to a blender or smoothie blender cup such as a Nutribullet. Blend until smooth.
- Add additional liquid, if needed, for desired consistency.
- Add collagen powder and blend for just a few seconds until mixed in.
- Garnish with a few frozen blueberries, a banana slice and a couple of mint leaves.
- Make sipping this smoothie a mindful meditation. Pause to consider the land where the berries grew and who harvested and processed them while noticing the color, flavor, temperature and texture of the blended ingredients. If you actually “chew” your smoothie you will mix it with important digestive enzymes in your mouth and help your body break down and use the nutrients more fully. You will also feel more satisfied.