55 Amazing Healthy Smoothie Recipes + the Winners of the “Wild Your Smoothie” Contest
Here at Wild Blueberry headquarters, it’s all about smoothies lately! We’ve long touted Wild Blueberries as the ultimate smoothie ingredient because:
- They have 2x the antioxidants as regular blueberries
- They have a more intense blueberry flavor than regular blueberries
- They’re high in fiber – 25% more per cup than regular blueberries
- With 5 grams less sugar per cup than regular blueberries, they are a low-glycemic food
- They are tiny and frozen and get you the best smoothie results
In order to test our smoothie theory, we decided to challenge some of the nation’s top healthy lifestyle and registered dietitians to “Wild Their Smoothies.” Wow did they deliver. We received more than 50 creative and incredibly tasty smoothie recipes. Now we want to share them with you and announce our winners.
Our grand-prize winner is Emily Weeks of Zen & Spice. This Dallas-based registered dietitian works with cardiac patients at The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano, in Plano Texas, and she has some very interesting things to say about smoothies, which we’ll share in an interview next week. Emily simply wowed us with her Wild Blueberry Thai Zinger Smoothie recipe. In addition to winning the big cash prize of $1000, Emily will join us this summer in Maine where she’ll have the opportunity to explore the Wild Blueberry Barrens, see the harvest in action, and meet some real Wild Blueberry growers and industry experts.
Our two runners up also created some delicious recipes. Kelly Roenicke of The Pretty Bee whipped up an allergy-friendly Wild Blueberry Banana Hemp Smoothie and Erin Fesperman of Food Faith Family Fun created a knock-your-socks-off Wild Blueberry & Coconut Smoothie Bowl. Kelly and Erin will each receive a cash prize of $750. Look for upcoming blogs featuring Kelly and Erin where we’ll explore their passion for blogging and smoothies.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our “Wild Your Smoothie” Recipe Contest and a special thank you to Kara Lydon of The Foodie Dietitian for helping inspire such wonderful smoothie making. Here are some of her deliciously healthy smoothie recipes:
- Energy Boosting Vegan Wild Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
- Kid-Friendly Wild Blueberry Oat Smoothie
- Wild Blueberry Immune-Boosting Smoothie
Check back often!