Rise and Shine Morning Workout + Wild Blueberry Energy Bar Recipe
As a mom, finding time to fit a workout in during the day can be extremely challenging. If you’re finding yourself skipping workouts due to a busy schedule, learning how to sneak in an early morning workout before your family starts the day may be just what you need!
It doesn’t need to be long or complicated because you’re probably getting up early enough already, but even waking up 25 minutes early for a quick workout can help get your day off to a great start!
In addition to working out, here are a few other things to work into your morning routine to help begin your day on the right foot:
- Drink water. Keep a bottle of water by your bed and drink it first thing when you wake up in the morning. It’ll give you a head start on making sure you drink enough throughout the day.
- Spend 5 minutes stretching. Figure out which areas of your body get tightest throughout the day (neck, back, shoulders, hips, etc.) and spend a few minutes stretching out those areas when you get out of bed.
- Be grateful. As you’re stretching, spend those few minutes thinking of a few things you’re grateful for on that particular day. Starting your day by focusing on the positives helps put you in the right frame of mind to have a great day!
So, after you’ve woken up, drank your water and spent a few minutes stretching, take advantage of the fact that your significant other is still home if the kids need anything and head to the basement or garage to work up a sweat.
Try this quick bodyweight workout to help get your heart pumping!
This workout doesn’t require a lot of space or time and won’t make a lot of noise so you don’t have to worry about waking the rest of the household!
Feel free to modify the pushups and burpees as needed for your skill level but really push yourself to see how many rounds you can get through!
When you’re done, it’s time to refuel. Since mornings can get a little crazy as everyone starts waking up and getting ready for the day, your best bet may be a homemade energy bar that you can prep ahead of time and eat quickly.
Try these Wild Blueberry Energy Bars for a quick, grab and go breakfast option! They’re packed with nutritious ingredients like Wild Blueberries, almonds and pumpkin seeds.
A few fun facts about Wild Blueberries compared to regular blueberries:
- They have a more intense blueberry flavor because they come from fields that contain hundreds of thousands of different blueberry plants. The mixture of berries from all the plants combined gives Wild Blueberries their unique flavor!
- They have twice the amount of andioxidants and more protective phytochemicals.
- They’re frozen at harvest, which locks in their nutrients.
- They’re available year round in the freezer section of many grocery stores and offer a convenient way to get your “Daily Dose of Wild Blue.”