Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Wild Blueberries
- 1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 baguettes French bread,11-12 ounces each, cut into ½ inch slices
- 8 medium tomatoes, about 6 cups
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, cut in half
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Clean and wash tomatoes, cut them into quarters, and remove the seeds. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes. Peel garlic and shallots and finely chop. Wash basil, pick off the leaves and pat dry. Reserve some basil leaves for garnishing and cut the remaining leaves into thin strips.
Mix tomatoes, garlic, shallots and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Add vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil to bottom of bowl and mix everything together. Let stand at least 2 hours. Gently fold in Wild Blueberries.
Place cut slices of bread on baking sheets. Brush lightly with olive oil. Bake 15 minutes until brown and crispy. Remove from oven and run cut garlic over each slice.
Evenly spread tomato-blueberry mixture over the bread slices. Garnish with remaining basil and serve.
Makes about 24 pieces.
Calories 110, Protein 3 g, Carbohydrates 17 g, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 0, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 2 g, Cholesterol 0
Wild Blue is Good for You!