Brussels Sprouts and Squash with Wild Blueberries
Recipe by Kimberly Hoban of KH Nutrition
Makes 6 to 8 servings
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cubed
2 TBSP olive oil
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 TBSP butter, melted
juice of one orange (about 2 ounces)
1 TBSP orange zest
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Place Brussels sprouts inside and cook for 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add squash to the pan and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare Wild Blueberry glaze.
- In a separate bowl, combine Wild Blueberries, chopped pecans, melted butter and orange juice.
- Pour glaze into pan with Brussels sprouts and squash, stir to coat all ingredients.
Wild Blue is Good for You!