Dairy-free Wild Blueberry Coffee Cake
Recipe by Laura Sanford of JoyFoodSunshine
One 9″ round cake
For the cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free all-purpose flour )
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt
3 TBS coconut oil*, melted
1 cup full fat coconut milk**, room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups frozen Wild Blueberries
1 TBS cinnamon sugar
For the Glaze:
½ cup full fat coconut milk
2 TBS powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9” round cake pan with parchment paper and lightly grease. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe glass bowl melt the coconut oil. Whisk in coconut milk until combined. Add sugar, apple sauce, eggs, and vanilla extract and whisk until completely combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter until evenly mixed. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Evenly sprinkle the top of your mixture with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Use parchment paper to lift cake out of the pan and continue cooling on the rack. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator! Can be served warm, room temperature or cold!
Wild Blue is Good for You!