Fudge Cake with Wild Blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups frozen Wild Blueberries
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 8 ounces butter
- 5 eggs, large, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of dried shredded chili peppers (no seeds)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces ground almonds
- 8 ounces current or raspberry jelly
- 3/4 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
- materials: 9″ springform pan
- materials: parchment paper
Defrost all Wild Blueberries in sieve. Melt chocolate and in double boiler or in heatproof bowl in water bath. Add butter and melt. Let cool while the rest of batter is being prepared.
In large bowl at medium speed mix eggs, sugar, vanilla, dried pepper, almond extract and salt. Beat 8-10 minutes until mixture triples in volume. Add chocolate mixture at low speed until blended. Fold in ground almonds and defrosted Wild Blueberries.
Butter springform pan and line bottom of pan with parchment paper. Securely wrap outside with heavy-duty aluminum foil (to keep batter from seeping out). Pour batter in spring form pan and place in shallow roasting pan. Add one cup of hot water. Place roasting pan with spring form pan in pre-heated 350°F oven for 40-45 minutes.
When done, remove pan from water, let cool on wire rack for 30 minutes, then invert the cake onto serving plate. Sprinkle remaining Wild Blueberries on top of cake and drizzle jelly glaze over all. Makes 15 slices. Preparation time approximately 1 hour plus time for cooling.
410 calories, 30g fat, 27g carbohydrates, 6 g protein
Wild Blue is Good for You!