Gluten Free Wild Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
Recipe by Regan Jones of Healthy Aperture
Makes 9 bars
2 cups frozen Wild Blueberries
6 tablespoons sugar, divided
1/2 cup water
1 orange, zested and divided
2 cups gluten free animal crackers (I used Glutino)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (I recommend using a very thick yogurt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine wild blueberries, 3 tablespoons sugar, water and 1/2 of orange zest. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until very thick (sauce will thicken upon standing some, but should be mostly thick enough at this point to spread over bars). Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, add animal crackers to a food processor and pulse until crushed into crumbs. Add 1 tablespoon sugar, butter and egg, pulsing until combined. Press mixture into bottom of prepared dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled crust and top with wild blueberry sauce.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Wild Blue is Good for You!