Goat Cheese Risotto with Wild Blueberries, Mushrooms, Duck Confit, and Poached Egg
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
1 lb vild mushrooms
2 quart vegetable stock
2 TBSP Butter
½ cup Onion, finely chopped
2 cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice
½ cup White wine
½ lb Goat cheese
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp Lemon zest
2 ea Duck leg confit, shredded
¼ cup Chives, minced
6 Eggs, poached
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, warm the stock over low heat.
- In a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat add the mushrooms, and sauté until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion and sauté until softened and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and sauté until it has turned slightly translucent, about 2 minutes. Add salt and the wine and cook, stirring frequently, until almost all of the wine is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1/3 of the stock and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes, before adding the next 1/3. Continue to cook, adding 1 cup of stock at a time and stirring regularly until the risotto is about 90% the way cooked, about 20 minutes, which you will know if the rice still has a slight bite.
- Add the goat cheese, lemon zest, duck confit and the frozen Wild Blueberries. Turn the heat to low, cook to heat the through, about 1 minute.
- Add chives, stir and adjust seasoning.
- Plate risotto so it is still loose on the plate and top with parmesan cheese and a poached egg
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and top with salt and black pepper.
Wild Blue is Good for You!