Kumera Crisps with Wild Blueberry Vanilla Chili Marmalade
- 3 tablespoons Wild Blueberry jam
- 3 tablespoons frozen Wild Blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound kumera (or substitute prepared sweet potato chips)
- oil for frying
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roasted and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Marmalade: Stir together Wild Blueberries, pepper flakes and jam in a microwavable container. Microwave about 20 seconds until berries are defrosted. Stir in vanilla.
Crisps: Peel kumeras and cut them into thin slices. Heat oil to 350°F. Fry kumeras in small portions and drain them on paper towels.
Chop roasted walnuts finely and stir into yogurt. Add salt. Blend well. Swirl marmalade into yogurt for dipping. Preparation time: approximately 5 minutes for marmalade, 30 minutes for crisps. Serves 8.
170 calories, 10g fat, 115mg sodium, 20g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 3g protein, 0mg cholesterol
Wild Blue is Good for You!