Old-Fashioned Wild Blueberry Muffins
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) egg substitute
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 cups Wild Blueberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
In bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; reserve. In separate bowl whisk together sugars, buttermilk, egg substitute and oil. Add to flour mixture and mix just to blend. Fold in Wild Blueberries. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Scoop 1/4-cup batter into each greased 1/3-cup muffin tin and sprinkle each muffin with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Bake in 400°F conventional oven or 375°F convection oven 18 to 22 minutes or until firm to the touch. Serve warm. Yields approximately 36 muffins.
144 calories per muffin; 21% calories from fat
Wild Blue is Good for You!