Quinoa Salad with Wild Blueberries
- 1 1/3 cup fresh or frozen Wild Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pink peppercorns
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 ounces Havarti cheese
- 1 cup 2% milkfat cottage cheese
- 4 fresh mint leaves, optional
Mix Wild Blueberries with vinegar and pink pepper; set mixture aside. Cook quinoa as instructed in salt water. Let cool. Wash zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, and thinly slice into half-moons. Cut Havarti into cubes; set aside. Mix cooked quinoa with zucchini, Havarti and cottage cheese. Gently stir in Wild Blueberries and mint leaves. Serve with baguette if desired. Preparation Time: Approximately 30 minutes plus thaw and cooling time. Serves 2.
473 calories, 32g protein, 17g fat, 52g carbohydrates, 1,243mg sodium, 50mg cholesterol
Wild Blue is Good for You!