Rainbow Superfood Salad with Wild Blueberry and Balsamic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried Wild Blueberries (soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes and drained)
- 7 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 orange, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 fresh pomegranate, seeds removed from white pith
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
Dressing: Combine the olive oil with balsamic vinegar. Add the Wild Blueberries, squashing them a little to release their juices. Add a little thyme to the feta cheese and set aside.
Salad: Combine the apple, celery, orange and pomegranate in a bowl, then add the toasted walnut halves. Add the feta cheese and dressing, toss together and serve with hot crusty bread. Serves 6.
305 calories, 8g protein, 22g fat, 23g carbohydrate, 380mg sodium, 30g cholesterol
Wild Blue is Good for You!