Spicy Deep Fried Wild Blueberries
Yield: 2 cups
2 cups Frozen wild blueberries
2 cups Flour
1 cup Corn flour
¼ tsp Baking powder
1 ea Egg
¼ cup Buttermilk
1-quart Canola or vegetable oil
¼ tsp Chipotle powder
¼ tsp Cayenne powder
¼ tsp Cinnamon, ground
½ tsp Salt
- Keep the Wild Blueberries frozen
- Heat the canola oil to 375 degrees F in a large pot
- Toss the chipotle, cayenne, and cinnamon together with the salt.
- Combine 1 cup flour with the corn flour in a bowl.
- Beat the egg with the buttermilk in another bowl.
- Quickly toss frozen Wild Blueberries in the remaining one cup flour.
- Sift the frozen fresh Wild Blueberries away from the flour in a strainer and toss them into the in the egg mixture.
- Drain the frozen Wild Blueberries away from the egg and toss in the flour/corn flour mixture. Separate any berries that stick and then sift the berries away from the flour mixture
- Place the berries into the oil and fry for 1-2 minutes until golden brown swirling the oil to avoid clumping.
Wild Blue is Good for You!