For the pork rub:
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp red crushed pepper
1 tsp paprika
8 thin, boneless pork chops
For the Wild Blueberry Sauce:
1 1/2 cups frozen Wild Blueberries
2 small shallots, diced
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced (plus a few extra sprigs for garnish)
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp all purpose flour
Pinch of Himalayan salt or sea salt to finish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the black pepper, salt, paprika, and red pepper. Mince the garlic, and add it to the bowl. Rub this mixture on the pork chops, and place the pork chops in a 9 x 13 inch glass dish.
- On the stove top, sear the pork chops on both sides using a very hot sauce pan (about 10 seconds per side).***Save this pan for sauce preparation.***
- Place the pork chops back into the glass dish, and put them in the oven for a total of 10 minutes. Flip the pork chops halfway through cooking.
- Prepare the sauce ingredients while the pork chops are cooking. When the pork chops are finished, set them aside. Then make the sauce.
- Add the blueberries to the same pan you used to sear the pork chops. Mix in the honey and olive oil, and let the blueberries break down slowly. Let the sauce simmer, and stir consistently. Once the blueberries have softened completely, add the shallots, rosemary, parsley, and lime juice. Let the sauce cook down even further.
- Then add flour to thicken the sauce, but sprinkle it into the sauce slowly, while stirring. You will see an automatic change in texture. Once it feels like most of the water has cooked out of the sauce, then you’re ready to plate!
- Smother that sauce all over the pork chops, and garnish with a few sprigs of rosemary. Sprinkle the sea salt or Himalayan salt on top of the sauce for some added texture.