Tandoori Chicken Sticks with Wild Blueberry Fig Sauce
- 2/3 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Wild Blueberry jam
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh figs (or substitute pears)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2/3 cup cooked red lentils
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 package Tandoori Tikka or Tandoori Chicken marinade
- 1/2 cup low-fat, plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of oil or cooking spray
Chop chicken breast into bite-sized chunks. Stir together Tandoori marinade and yogurt in medium bowl and add chicken. Cover and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
Sauce: Stir together frozen Wild Blueberries and jam in a small saucepan. Rinse and chop figs. Add figs and orange zest. Cook sauce stirring until it just comes to a simmer. Remove from heat, cool slightly, add lentils and season with salt, pepper and coriander.
Skewers: Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Remove chicken from the marinade and drain in a colander. Place chicken pieces in an oiled 11×13-inch glass baking dish, without allowing them to touch. Roast 8–10 minutes until done. Place chicken on skewers. Serve with the Wild Blueberry dipping sauce. Serves 4 as entrée or 12 as an appetizer.
Traditionally accompanied by rice as an entrée. Preparation time: approximately 10 minutes for sauce; 30 minutes for sticks, not including marinading time.
123 calories, 1g fat, 130mg sodium, 14g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 14g protein, 30mg cholesterol
Wild Blue is Good for You!