Wild Blueberry and Pomegranate BruschettaPrint Recipe
By Kara Lydon, RD, LDN, RYT, Blogger at The Foodie Dietitian.
Yield: approximately 24 servings.
1 French baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup pomegranate aerials (seeds from 1 pomegranate)
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves (about 8 mint leaves)
1 ½ teaspoon orange zest
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
½ cup goat cheese
1 cup frozen wild blueberries
Optional: Extra mint and orange zest for garnish
- In a small-medium mixing bowl, add pomegranate aerials, mint, orange zest, honey and stir to combine. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly brush both sides of bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer bread to two baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping slices over halfway through.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend goat cheese and yogurt together using a hand mixer or transfer to a food processor and pulse until creamy and smooth.
- Remove pomegranate mixture from refrigerator and fold in wild blueberries.
- To assemble the baguettes, spread yogurt mixture on top of bread (approximately 1 tablespoon) and add a spoonful of fruit mixture over top (being careful to avoid juices at the bottom of the bowl). Serve immediately.
- Optional: Garnish with orange zest and mint.
Tip: Try a whole-grain baguette for an extra fiber and nutrition punch! No Greek yogurt but plenty of cream cheese on hand? You can easily substitute cream cheese for Greek yogurt here.