Wild Blueberry Balsamic Glazed Shrimp Stir Fry
Recipe by Danielle Omar MS, RDN of Food Confidence
For the sauce:
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
2 TBS Balsamic vinegar
2 TBS honey
2 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 TBS soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
For the stir fry:
2 TBS olive oil
3 cups broccoli florets
2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
2 cups sugar snap peas
1 pound (16 ounces) raw large shrimp (peeled & deveined)
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 green onions, for garnish
- Stir together all sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli, bell pepper, and snap peas, and cook for 7-8 minutes, until tender. Season with salt and pepper, place in a serving dish, and reserve.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes, until beginning to cook.
- Add the sauce ingredients and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the shrimp is cooked through and the sauce is thickened.
- Pour the shrimp and sauce over vegetables in the serving dish, garnish with green onions, and serve.
Wild Blue is Good for You!