Wild Blueberry Coated Cashews
Recipe by Ariella Nelson of Perspective Portions.
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 cup raw cashews (5 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place Wild Blueberries, maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of water into a large nonstick frying pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Occasionally mix the blueberries, mashing them slightly with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Once most of the liquid has evaporated, add in the cashews.
- Cook for an additional minute while stirring to evenly coat in the blueberry mixture.
- Spread the nuts out on a the lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Break apart any large pieces before serving.
Wild Blue is Good for You!