Wild Blueberry Corn Muffins
Recipe by Jessica Braider of The Balanced Kitchen.
1 cup cornmeal (I like to do ½ a cup of the coarse and ½ a cup of the fine to give more texture)
1 cup whole wheat or spelt flour
¼ cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup butter, melted
1 cup milk
¾ cup frozen Wild Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray or grease muffin tins, or line with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, crack the egg into the butter and lightly beat with a fork so it is well combined. Pour the butter, egg, and milk, into the dry ingredients and stir gently to combine. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
- Gently fold in the frozen wild blueberries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a cooling rack.
Wild Blue is Good for You!