Wild Blueberry & Cranberry Wild Rice
Recipe by Priya Mehra, Masala Girl Travels.
1/2 cup red quinoa
1/5 cup wild rice (or wild rice blend)
1 cup cranberries
1.5 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
1.5 cup black beans (1 can)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 – 1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup fresh parsley
- Cook the quinoa and wild rice: two options.
- Add the quinoa + wild rice to a pot with 4 cups of hot water.
- Bring to a boil, add the cranberries.
- Once it boils, turn it down to low cover, and cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa and wild rice separately, according to package directions.
- Add the cranberries to a small saucepan with a 1/4c of water and cook until they pop. Set aside.
- While the grains are cooking, defrost the frozen wild blueberries in a bowl. chop the parsley.
- When the pot is about 5 minutes under done (or when the rice is about 5 minutes under done, add the quinoa in)
- Add the blueberries, black beans, salt and pepper, and carefully fold to combine.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.
Wild Blue is Good for You!