1 ½ cups frozen Wild Blueberries
¼ cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup crushed graham crackers (about 3 cracker sheets)
- Store your ice cream freezer bowl in the freezer for at least 15 hours before use.
- In a small saucepan, add frozen Wild Blueberries, coconut sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brought to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about five minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a high-speed blender, blend coconut milk, honey, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Transfer coconut milk mixture to ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 20-30 minutes.
- Using a spatula, transfer half of the ice cream mixture to a freezer-safe container (loaf pan works well). Add half of Wild Blueberry mixture and graham crackers. Repeat and swirl with knife or spatula to create layers.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer to harden for at least 4-6 hours.
- Let soften at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.
If you have don’t have an ice cream maker, transfer coconut milk mixture to a large freezer-safe bowl. Freeze for 30 minutes and take it out to whisk briskly or blend using an immersion blender Repeat this every 30 minutes until your ice cream starts to turn creamy. Fold in Wild Blueberries and graham crackers and continue to repeat until ice cream is frozen through.