Wild Blueberry Hot Buns
Recipe by Kelly Sloan of Kelly’s Knack For Cooking
1 (1lb) ready to bake plain bread dough
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 egg, whisked
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon skim milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Divide ready to use dough into 12 pieces rolling each into a ball.
- Cover and leave to rise for an hour.
- Combine Frozen Wild Blueberries and cornstarch in a bowl, mix until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a prepared baking sheet or pan, place balls of dough.
- Indent each bun with a sugared glass, cover buns with whisked egg and add 2 tablespoons of Wild Blueberries to each bun.
- Bake the buns for 15-18 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely then drizzle icing on top and serve!
Wild Blue is Good for You!