Wild Blueberry Jelly and PB Roll-Up
Courtesy of Susan Magrini
Makes 5-10 servings
10 ounces frozen Wild Blueberries (about 2 cups), defrosted over night
1/4 cup dried plums, chopped fine
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons light corn syrup – divided
2 tablespoons Agave Nectar
1/2 cup peanut butter or choice (even chunky)
1 small banana
1. In a small saucepan add the wild blueberries, plums, water, 1 tablespoon corn syrup and agave. Simmer until the mixture resembles the consistency of tub butter. Remove and cool.
2. Process the banana and peanut butter and add the last tablespoon of corn syrup. Remove to a squeeze bottle.
3. Once the wild blueberry mixture is cooled, puree for a smoother mix or leave it with texture and additional fiber.
4. Cover a sheet pan with plastic wrap. Lay down the peanut butter lines and cover with the wild blueberry mixture.
5. Preheat your oven to 170°. Not hot enough to melt the plastic wrap, leave it in the oven for 4 hours.
6. After 4 hours, check to see if the mixture is tacky or sticking to your finger. If it is, bake for another 30 minutes.
7. Remove the sheet pan and allow the mixture to cool to the touch.
8. Using the plastic wrap, remove to a cutting board and place a piece of wax paper on top and flip it over, making sure the lines are on top.
9. Using a ruler and a sharp knife, cut the leather into strips. Mine were 2″ strips and I got 5 from a quarter sheet pan. 10. Roll the leather up and store in a plastic container in the fridge for up to 6 months.
Wild Blue is Good for You!