Wild Blueberry Lemon Vodka
Recipe by Meme Inge of Living Well Kitchen.
12 ounces frozen Wild Blueberries (2 cups)
1 cup water
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cinnamon stick
1 (750 mL) bottle vodka
2 lemons, peels only
chilled club soda for serving
To make infused vodka:
- In a medium saucepan, add the wild blueberries, water, maple syrup, and cinnamon stick.
- Heat over medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the mixture reduces by almost half.
- Remove from heat and discard the cinnamon stick. Let cool completely.
- Transfer the lemon peels and vodka to a wide-mouth glass jar.
- Pour in cooled wild blueberry mixture.
- Cover tightly and transfer to the refrigerator for at least 24 hours or up to 7 days.
- Strain vodka and transfer to jars for gifting or container for serving.
To make drink:
- Stir together 1.5 ounces of vodka (3 tablespoons) and 6 ounces of club soda.
- Pour over ice.
- Serve with extra wild blueberries and/or lemon or orange slices. Enjoy!
Wild Blue is Good for You!