Wild Blueberry Oatmeal Waffles
Recipe by Jessica Braider of The Balanced Kitchen
Makes 6 servings
1 ¼ cup old fashioned rolled oats
scant 1 cup spelt, whole wheat, or all purpose flour (scant means just a little less than)
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
3 large eggs, beaten
2 cups plain yogurt
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
thawed frozen Wild Blueberries
- Preheat and grease your waffle iron. Preheat oven to 200.
- Grind the oats in your food processor until they are the consistency of whole-wheat flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, other flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, melt the butter and then whisk in the eggs. When well combined, whisk in the yogurt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Gently mix in the wild blueberries. Ladle the recommended amount of waffle batter into the hot waffle iron, close the lid, and cook until the waffle is golden.
- Put cooked waffle in the oven to keep warm and repeat the process until all waffles are baked. Serve with extra blueberries and maple syrup.
Wild Blue is Good for You!