Wild Blueberry Orzo with Asparagus
Recipe by Danielle Omar RDN, MS of Food Confidence
1 cup orzo (cook according to package directions)
1/2 cup frozen Wild Blueberries, thawed
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cups baby spinach or arugula
1 bunch asparagus, chopped
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 tsp. olive oil
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
for the dressing:
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1/4 cup frozen Wild Blueberries, thawed
½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- Cook the orzo until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet; sauté asparagus tips and stems until they turn bright green. Don’t overcook as they will be mushy in the salad.
- Toss orzo, asparagus, Wild Blueberries, almonds, and chickpeas together in a large bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth (you can leave some Wild Blueberry chunks in the dressing).
- Pour the dressing over the orzo and toss well to coat evenly. Serve over baby spinach and top with feta cheese and add more Wild Blueberries on top for fun and a pop of color!
Wild Blue is Good for You!