Maple Seed Brittle
1 egg white
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon maple syrup
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
½ cup pecans
½ cup uncooked quinoa
¼ cup raw pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
¼ cup raw, shelled sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons shelled hemp seeds (also called hemp hearts or hulled hemp seeds)
2 cups frozen Wild Blueberries
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups plain Greek yogurt, non-fat, lowfat, or whole milk
Maple syrup for added sweetness
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, vigorously whisk together the egg white, honey, maple syrup, salt, and cardamom until blended.
- Chop the pecans into small pieces and add to the bowl along with the quinoa, pepitas, sunflower seeds, and hemp seeds. Stir well.
- Dump onto the baking sheet and spread into one layer, like a large, thin granola bar. It will be about the size of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Bake until browned all over, about 23 minutes.
- Let cool until you can snap the brittle apart, about 20 minutes. Break into 1 to 2-bite pieces. Makes about 25 pieces.
- Divide the wild blueberries into four 8-ounce jars or glasses. Divide the vanilla among the jars. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds (alternatively warm gently in a pan on the stove). Top the wild blueberries with the yogurt, dividing it evenly. Crumble 1 to 2 pieces of Maple Seed Brittle on top.