Wild Blueberry Pull-Apart Bread
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
¼ cup warm water
¼ cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar, divided
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ cup frozen Wild Blueberries
For optional maple glaze:
1 tablespoon softened butter
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tablesoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon milk
- Mix yeast with warm water and wait until bubbles, about 5-10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan heat butter and milk over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add vanilla and set aside to let cool.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, add 3 cups flour, ¼ cup sugar, and salt and mix to combine.
- Gradually mix in milk mixture and then mix in one egg at a time. Continue mixing until dough is smooth and sticky, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a large greased bowl and let proof (rise) for 1 hour in a warm space. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Turn out dough onto well-floured surface and knead until covered with flour. Use a rolling pin to roll out dough to roughly 12 x 20 inches.
- Use a pastry brush to spread coconut oil all over dough. Mix together remaining ¼ cup coconut sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Slice the dough evenly into six vertical strips. Stack the strips one on top of the other, covering evenly with frozen Wild Blueberries as you stack. Slice the stack into six equal squares.
- Layer the dough squares in a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan. In a warm place, allow dough to rise in pan for about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until top is golden-brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- Let bread rest in pan for 20-30 minutes before removing to serve.
- Optional: top with maple glaze before serving.
1. To create a warm space to let the dough proof, cover with blankets or place in oven (turned off).
2. For a huge time saver, use one 16-ounce can of refrigerated biscuits instead of making homemade dough. You’ll cut each of the 8 biscuits in half so you have 16 pieces. Then cover with filling and stack side-by-side in the loaf pan.
Wild Blue is Good for You!