Wild Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
Recipe by Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
Makes 18 pancakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup + 1 ½ Tablespoons sugar, divided
Pinch of kosher salt
1 cup part-skim ricotta
½ cup low-fat milk
2 lemons, juiced
2 eggs, beaten
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups frozen wild blueberries, divided
¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons water
2 teaspoons corn starch
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 1 ½ Tablespoons sugar, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together ricotta, milk, lemon juice, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the ricotta mixture, stirring gently until just combined.
- Fold in 1 cup of wild blueberries.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Coat lightly with spray oil.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, pour batter onto the hot griddle.
- Cook the pancakes until the undersides are golden; flip and cook until other side is golden.
- Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine remaining wild blueberries with water and remaining sugar.
- Heat over medium-high heat, and bring to a low boil.
- Stir in cornstarch; turn heat down to medium and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens to desired consistency. If sauce gets too thick, one Tablespoon water at a time.
- Serve sauce over pancakes.
Wild Blue is Good for You!