Wild Blueberry Sweet Potato Wheat Bread
Recipe by Sarah Schlichter of Bucket List Tummy
Serves 6 to 8
1 cup mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup plain greek yogurt (I used fat-free)
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup oat flour (oats ground into flour)
⅓ cup coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries (plus some extra for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- To a small bowl, add the egg, mashed sweet potatoes, coconut oil, greek yogurt and maple syrup to a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- To another bowl, add flour, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix the dry into the wet ingredients, folding the blueberries in last.
- The batter should be thick.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Wild Blue is Good for You!