Wild Blueberry Toasted Coconut Horchata
Yield: 2 quart
2 cups frozen Wild Blueberries
1 cup brown rice
¾ cup desiccated coconut
½ tsp cinnamon, ground
1 ea juice and zest of lime
8 cup water
¼ cup honey
¼ cup mint leaves
4 ea lime slices
¼ tsp cayenne
- Heat an oven to 350 degrees F. Place the coconut on a tray and toast until light golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Place the rice, coconut and cinnamon in a blender and with the motor running, add the water slowly and blend until smooth. Refrigerate overnight.
- Stain the rice mixture through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer.
- Combine 1.5 cups of frozen Wild Blueberries, ½ cup of coconut, the juice of the lime, and the honey with the strained mixture and blend in a blender until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among 4 glasses, garnish each with mint, lime zest, the remaining coconut, Wild Blueberries and a dash of cayenne.
Wild Blue is Good for You!