Sourcing frozen Wild Blueberries for your school is as easy as pie.
For the best tasting blueberries at the lowest price, order Wild Blueberries through USDA Foods Direct Delivery (Brown Box) program. You can also order through your prime vendor but to get our tiny blueberries, you have to ask for Wild. For the bold flavor your students will love and the most value for your USDA dollar – order Wild Blueberries on your USDA Foods Available Order Guide.
How much can your school save by choosing Wild Blueberries?
Use our calculators to figure out how many cases you need for the coming year and see your savings by going Wild.
- USDA Foods #100243 is for a 30 pound case that provides 225 half-cup servings.
- USDA Foods #100242 is a convenient 24 pound case containing eight (8) 3-pound bags that provides 180 half-cup servings. There are 22.5 half-cup servings per 3-pound bag.
- Both products are IQF – Just take out what you need and put the rest back in the freezer to minimize waste and maximize value.
- If you don’t see Wild #100243 or #100242 on your state’s Food Available List, please request them from your State Distribution Agency during the annual survey.
- Contact us and we’d be glad to work with districts in your state on sampling and promotion so you can add healthy, tasty and versatile Wild Blueberries to your school menu in the future!
- Heidi Kessler, MS, SNS, Child Nutrition Consultant: [email protected]
- 1Based on 10 months, Wild @ 7.5 (1/2 cup) servings/lb vs. Cultivated and Strawberries/Sliced@ 5.95 (1/2 cup) servings/lb. Source: USDA Food Buying Guide for School Meals. Prices represent the average for August 2021 awards.
Source Wild Blueberries through your Prime Vendor or other broadline distributors.
When USDA Foods/PAL dollars are exhausted, it’s easy to source Wild Blueberries on the open market through your school’s local distributor (i.e Sysco, US Foods, PFG etc.).
- Make sure you specify you want Wild Blueberries so you can still benefit from the 25% additional servings you’ll get over regular cultivated blueberries.*
How much can you save on the commercial market by purchasing Wild Blueberries over regular or even strawberries?
Use this open market school food costs calculator to estimate savings.
- 1Based on 10 months, Wild @ 7.5 (1/2 cup) servings/lb vs. Cultivated and Strawberries/Sliced@ 5.95 (1/2 cup) servings/lb. Source: USDA Food Buying Guide for School Meals. Prices represent the average for November 2021 awards.
Base Sauce Basics
Using flexible base sauces saves you time, energy and money. Transform a one day special into three days of school food favorites. Choose your wild blueberry base sauce and see how easy it is to make the week’s menu go WILD!
Resources for School Food Services Directors
Tools, templates, tips, and more for marketing wild blueberry meals in your schools.