Did you know that prime smoothie time is actually during the winter months? According to Google trends, smoothie recipe searches peak in January and remain elevated through March. That’s because after the New Year, consumers are looking for more ways to add healthy foods into their diets, and smoothies are an easy solution to pack in a ton of nutrition. And, frozen Wild Blueberries are simply a perfect ingredient for any smoothie. These special berries have a more intense blueberry flavor and twice the antioxidants of regular blueberries and because they are frozen you don’t need any ice. Now it’s your turn to create a delicious smoothie using frozen Wild Blueberries and #WildYourSmoothie.
Most people know about blueberries and if they’ve tried them, they usually like them for their delicious taste and healthy attributes. However, most people don’t know that there are two kinds of blueberries – Wild Blueberries and regular cultivated blueberries – and how they are different. Below is what makes Wild Blueberries so special:
- Free product is not being provided for this contest because of its perishable nature.
- Participants should purchase and use frozen Wild Blueberries. The most common retail brand is Wyman’s of Maine but there are many private label brands. Just be sure the package clearly states “Wild” Blueberries. For a store listing visit Our Where to buy section
Questions related to the contest should be sent directly to Belinda Donovan at firstname.lastname@example.org and not to the Sponsor.
By entering this contest you (the blogger) agree to be solely responsible for, and shall hold the Wild Blueberry Association of North America and their agents harmless in the event you fail to comply with these Disclosure Guidelines. You also warrant that your post will not contain copyrighted, trade-marked or recopied information of any kind, will not infringe upon the personal contractual or property rights of any third party and you will obey all applicable laws and regulations, including compliance with the WOMMA Code of Conduct (http://womma.org/ethics/womma-code-of-ethics/) and all applicable Federal Trade Commission guidelines.
To be eligible for entry in this contest, all posts and social media content MUST follow the WOMMA Code of Conduct and include both an appropriate disclosure statement at the beginning of the post (please see below for example) and prominently display the hashtag #AD or #Sponsored in your social media outreach (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram,etc.).
- Example: By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the Wild Blueberry Association of North America and I am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
General Contest Rules
- Open to Registered Dietitian bloggers and food and healthy lifestyle bloggers who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
- Entries must:
- Must use at least ½ cup of frozen Wild Blueberries in the recipe (recipes that call for “blueberries” and do not specify “frozen Wild Blueberries” will be disqualified).
- Recipe must include Wild Blueberries in the title.
- Adhere to the previously stated Disclosure Guidelines
- More than 1 entry is allowed but each entry must accompany a separate blog post.
- Recipes must be posted to participant’s blog between 10 a.m. on January 19, 2016 to 11:59 p.m. on February 29, 2016 and include the importance/benefits of using Wild Blueberries versus cultivated blueberries (see key messages in the contest overview).
- Recipes must be submitted at this contest Page
- Take an eye-catching, landscape photo of your smoothie, at least 300 dpi. At least one (1) hi-res image per post (without text on the image) must be submitted via the contest landing page. Submissions that do not have at least (1) image submitted will be ineligible for prizes.
- Recipes should be named and should be unpublished and not previously submitted to any other contest.
- Winners will be notified by the Wild Blueberry Association of North America on or around April 8, 2016
Sponsor website & Social Platforms:
Sponsor Website: http://www.wildblueberries.com/
Wild Your Smoothie Official Contest Rules
Start/End Dates:Contest begins at 10 a.m. EST on 1/19/16 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on 2/29/16.
Eligibility: Entrants must be a Registered Dietitian with a food blog and/or a food/healthy lifestyle blogger and legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia over the age of 18.
The Wild Blueberry Association of North America and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensed retailers, wholesalers and the judging panel as well as their immediate families and/or household residents are not eligible to participate. The contest shall only be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and all entrants irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts over them for such purposes.
Judging Criteria: 25% creativity, 25% taste, 25% nutrition and 25% appearance of finished recipe
Prizes: The grand prize winner of the Wild Your Smoothie Recipe Contest will win a $1,000 VISA gift card plus an all expense paid trip to the Wild Blueberry Barrens in Maine (near Bar Harbor) on August 7-10, 2016. The winner will join an immersion event called Blog the Barrens and will have the opportunity to see the Wild Blueberry barrens at peak harvest time, meet growers, visit a local processing facility. Trip valued at $3,000. Must be redeemed for the set date of the trip and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Two (2) Runners-Ups will be selected and each will receive a $750 VISA gift card.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winners’ agreement to release and hold harmless the Wild Blueberry Association of North America and each of their affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any injuries, losses or damages related in any way to their participation in this promotion and/or acceptance and/or use of a prize, including the Wild Blueberry Association of North America’s reliance upon their compliance with these rules, and their agreement that the Wild Blueberry Association of North America may use his or her name, voice, likeness and/or biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media without additional compensation or restriction as to the frequency, territory or duration of such use.
Winner Selection: Winners will be notified on or around April 8, 2016. Winners will be contacted by e-mail. If any winner cannot be reached within two (2) days of first notification attempt, if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Upon forfeiture of any prize no compensation will be given. Limit one (1) prize per person. Taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- Recipes must be posted to participant’s blog between 10:00 a.m. EST 1/19/16 and 11:59 p.m. EST on 2/29/16 and highlight the importance/benefits of using Wild Blueberries versus cultivated blueberries.
- Recipes must be submitted at the Contest Page
- Recipes should be original, unpublished and not submitted to any other contest.
- Recipe name should include “Wild Blueberry” in the title
- Recipe should include an eye-catching, landscape image of your smoothie. At least one (1) hi-res image must be uploaded to the contest Landing page without text. (300dpi minimum)
- Share your recipe post(s) on social using #WildYourSmoothie.
- To be eligible for entry into this contest, all blog posts and social media mentions MUST follow the WOMMA Code of Conduct and include both a Disclosure Statement at the beginning of the blog post (see below example) and prominently display the hashtags #sponsored or #ad in social media outreach (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, etc.). Blogger agrees to be solely responsible for and shall hold the Wild Blueberry Association of North America and its agents, officers and member processors and growers harmless, in the event of your failure to comply with disclosure guidelines.
- Example: By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the Wild Blueberry Association of North America and I am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
- Participants are allowed multiple entries, but each entry must be submitted separately and must be posted in a separate blog post.
- By entering this competition, contestants understand:
- The recipes will be the shared property of the blogger and the Wild Blueberry Association of North America, which will have the right to edit, publish or advertise the recipe and contestants without compensation.
- The Wild Blueberry Association is not responsible for lost, illegible, misdirected or late entries.
- The Wild Blueberry Association of North America is solely responsible for judging and their decisions are final.
Recipe Creation Guidelines: Guidelines for submitting a recipe are as follows
- Your recipe must be original, and must not have been published or currently accepted for publication or under consideration for publication.
- Your recipe must feature and use at least one (1/2) cup of frozen Wild Blueberries (recipes that call for “blueberries” and do not specify “frozen Wild Blueberries” will be disqualified).
- Your recipe must use no more than ten (10) ingredients (water and ice do not count as an ingredient.)
- Ingredients must be readily available in supermarkets or through the Internet.
- Recipes should be relatively healthful.
- Preparation time must not exceed fifteen (15) minutes.
- Recipe must be submitted via the contest page and include all requested information:
- Recipe name
- Blog Name
- Published Recipe Blog Link
- Eye-catching photo of your finished recipe via the online submission portal
- Ingredient list, including those, which do not count as ingredients (water).
- Exact U. S. measurements of all ingredients.
- Recipe instructions
- Recipe must equate to approximately 1-2 servings.
- Recipes not meeting the above criteria will automatically be disqualified.
For the names of the winners, please check the Wild Blueberry Association of North America website after May 3, 2016. Names and recipes will appear on the Wild Blueberry Association of North America website for an indefinite amount of time.