Warm & Wild Blueberry Smoothie Latte
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
1 ½ tablespoons real maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup water
2 green tea with pomegranate tea bags
1/2 cup milk (or almond milk)
- Place blueberries and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup in blender.
- In small bowl, combine cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg and allspice; stir to blend spices.
- In small saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add tea bags and ¼ teaspoon of spice mixture; stir and let steep for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat milk with remaining ½ tablespoon of maple syrup and 1/8 teaspoon of spice mixture just to a simmer, stirring to combine.
- Stir and strain hot tea mixture into blender with blueberries.
- Add ¼ cup of the hot milk mixture; blend well.
- Re-warm mixture in pan on stove to desired temperature.
- Froth the remaining milk mixture with an immersion blender or tool specially designed for frothing milk.
- Divide the hot tea mixture among two mugs and top with frothy milk.
- Sprinkle with additional blueberries and spice mixture, if desired. Serve warm.