Wild Blueberry Tropical Smoothie
1 cup refrigerated coconut milk (with calcium added)
1 cup frozen wild blueberries
1/2 cup mango, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch chunks
1 banana, and sliced into chunks
1 tablespoon of macadamia nut butter
Toasted coconut, chia seeds and extra mango and blueberries to thread on a skewer .
You may also want to have on hand some colorful paper straws!
To toast coconut:
- In a small cast iron skillet over medium heat, carefully brown the coconut, stirring constantly but do not burn.
To chop the mango:
- Make sure that it is soft to touch but not overripe.
- Carefully peel the fruit and cut the flesh on cutting board as close to the seed as you can.
- Then cut the flesh away from the other side of of the seed. There is flesh at the top and the bottom of the seed.
- Carefully cut the rest of flesh away from the seed and what is left is mostly the large flat seed.
- In a blender, add chopped banana, chopped mango, wild blueberries and coconut milk.
- Blend the ingredients until blended and add to glasses.