A Mother’s Day to Remember: 5 Tips and Easy Recipes to Surprise and Delight Her
With Mother’s Day on the way, it’s time to start thinking about how to surprise mom on her special day. As a mom, I can attest to the fact that there’s nothing sweeter than waking up on Mother’s Day to the smell of bacon wafting from the kitchen. I love a breakfast that’s delicious, pretty, protein-packed and healthy. But most of all, I like knowing that my little family cared enough to make plans to celebrate me!
Here are five tips and easy recipes for making Mother’s Day a memorable treat for the special mother in your life.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to make your Mother’s Day plans whether that means making her breakfast at home or taking her out for a special meal; and enlist help from everyone involved including dad, siblings, friends, or relatives.
- Make a shopping list that includes mom’s favorite breakfast ingredients. Some suggestions: fresh orange juice, thick cut bacon or maple flavored sausage, her favorite coffee or tea, maybe a little champagne or prosecco to make a mimosa, and frozen Wild Blueberries, which add color, taste and health to her breakfast. Also, remember to pick or buy a flower or two to decorate her breakfast table.
- Start early. This might mean setting the alarm for 6:30 am, so there’s plenty of time to get breakfast started. The idea is to get things going before mom wakes up and not after she has already made her way into the kitchen.
- Decide if you’re going to set the table or serve her breakfast in bed. Each choice, requires a little forethought.
- Make a plan for cleaning up after breakfast. Moms are often the ones who plan meals, shop for them, cook them, and clean up after them. Mother’s Day is a day to take those responsibilities off mom’s plate, especially the dirty dishes part.
To make Mother’s Day truly special, try incorporating healthy ingredients like whole grains, nuts and frozen Wild Blueberries into her morning. Here are five easy-to-make recipes that will kick off her Mother’s Day the right way.
- Wild Blueberry Cup – This recipe is simple, yet elegant, and it’s filled with fruit and nuts, which is always a plus for moms who like to eat healthy foods.
- Warm Tropical Wild Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Sundae – Here’s another beautiful recipe that makes use of healthy, delicious ingredients. It also incorporates quinoa, coconut, and macadamia nuts – three ingredients that stand out on this special day.
- Wild Blueberry, Cranberry and Almond Oatmeal – Here’s a go-to oatmeal recipe that’s easy to make and has the added special flair that comes with slivered almonds, dried cranberries, and frozen Wild Blueberries.
- Wild Blueberry Hot Buns – Thanks to the ready-to-bake bread dough, these Wild Blueberry Hot Buns are easier to make than they look. This recipe will also delight mom by filing the house with the delicious smell of baking bread!
- Whole Wheat Wild Blueberry Pancakes – This recipe requires a bit more work and a longer list of ingredients, but for health-food loving moms who like chia, wheat bran, oats, and whole wheat pastry flour, these are just the trick!
Mother’s Day comes only once a year, so remember to make it memorable for mom. Creating a special day for mom does not have to mean spending lots of money. It’s the simple stuff, like a cut flower, and knowing that her family took the time to plan something in her honor, that really matters. Most of all, remember to savor that breakfast with your mom and appreciate the time spent together.