Be on trend with Wild There are two kinds of Blueberries.
Wild Blueberries are the low-bush variety. Tiny & potent.
- They’re a native plant that has grown wild in Maine and Eastern Canada for over 10,000 years.
- It is recognized as the blueberry ingredient with more intense flavor, more antioxidant capacity and superior performance across a variety of applications.
- Truly wild and sought after by today’s real food consumers.
Cultivated blueberries are the high-bush variety. Larger in size.
- This hybridized variety is now planted and grown all over the world.
- Originally bred for fresh fruit commercial traits like uniform size, color and yield a little over 100 years ago.
- By only propagating a narrow handful of select varieties, the cultivated blueberries can’t match the naturally occurring flavor complexity that chefs and product developers get from genetically diverse Wild Blueberries.