Paleo Wild Blueberry Chocolate Macaroons
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup frozen Wild Blueberries, thawed and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk, or coconut milk, from a carton
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Place the shredded coconut, coconut flour, Wild Blueberries, maple syrup, milk and salt in a food processor. Pulse a few times, scraping down as needed until combined but still chunky. Set aside.
- Place the egg white in a small bowl and beat with a handheld electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer the coconut mixture into a large bowl and gently fold in the egg whites until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture out onto the baking sheet in by the tablespoonful.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until bottoms start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before gently transferring to a cooling rack. Let macaroons cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Dip the flat bottoms of each macaroon in the chocolate and place back on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate on the baking sheet until chocolate is set, about 20 minutes.
Wild Blue is Good for You!