Frozen Is Fresher… and tastier
Fresh-frozen wild blueberries are delicious, convenient—and healthy. According to a UC Davis study, frozen fruits and vegetables have the same or greater nutritional value as fresh.¹ Ordinary blueberries are frequently shipped thousands of miles after harvest, sitting around in trucks and warehouses for weeks before they’re purchased. On the other hand, flash-freezing wild blueberries right after harvest locks in their antioxidant-rich goodness, so you know you’re getting the best.
Flash Freezing is Nature’s Pause Button
- Flash freezing fruit locks in fresh taste, nutrition, and convenience.
- Research shows frozen fruit is often nutritionally superior to its fresh counterpart.3
- Frozen food can help reduce the food waste epidemic in the US.
- 40% of all food produced in the US is not eaten. That’s $162 billion in wasted food each year.
- Frozen food generates 47% less food waste than ambient and chilled food in the home.
Frozen is Fresher Footnotes
- Source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25526594/
- Transit time for fresh blueberries to a grocery store is an estimate. Time from harvest to grocery store may vary depending on the shipping origin. http://www.fruitandvegetable.ucdavis.edu/files/197179.pdf