Wild Blueberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
Recipe by Guest Blogger and Registered Dietitian, Lindsay Livingston from The Lean Green Bean.
1 box red velvet cake mix
½ cup plain yogurt
3 cups vanilla ice cream (approximately)
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries (approximately)
1. Combine the cake mix, eggs and yogurt in a bowl, mixing well until all cake mix is moistened.
2. Freeze for 30 minutes.
3. Scoop onto greased cookie sheets and bake at 375 for 10 minutes (you should get 24 cookies.)
4. Let cookies cool completely.
5. Let ice cream soften slightly, then spread about 2 Tablespoons of ice cream on the bottom of a cookie.
6. Top with about 1 Tablespoon of frozen Wild Blueberries.
7. Add another 1-2 Tablespoons of ice cream on top of blueberries and top with another cookie (bottom side down).
8. Repeat with remaining cookies until you have 12 ice cream sandwiches.
9. Store in the freezer, let thaw for 5-10 minute before serving.
– You could also make open-faced ice cream sandwiches by just using one cookie, adding ice cream and topping with frozen Wild Blueberries.
– Feel free to stick a few extra frozen Wild Blueberries into the outer edge of the ice cream for a more festive look!
Makes 12 servings.
Wild Blue is Good for You!